Who today doesn’t want some quality Bluetooth speakers? Teens love to hang around the technology section of the appliance shop but imagine the satisfaction of making your own custom set! Build the kit together and pass on your own maker skills – or perhaps learn the skills together for the first time. Our kits use modern electronics and are all designed and made by us here in New Zealand.
We provide all the laser-cut wood pieces to make a compact smooth looking box (W6.5cm x H20cm x D8cm) and all the electronics you need. Once made, this speaker connects quickly with your digital device, will put itself on power save if it is left on for long periods and gives a quality sound across the range. You can customise it with your own paints or pens – or leave it plain. Read this article by Stefan to see the thinking process/challenges we had to overcome to put this kit together.
- For ages 12+.
- Two/dual speaker on one box.
- Charge using a USB cable (not provided) or use normal AA batteries.
- Produce quality sound from bass to mid-range to high-range.
- Good bass.
- Runs off 3xAA rechargeable batteries – cable to recharge is included.
- In a compact custom-tuned wooden box W6.5cm x H20cm x D8cm.
- Decorate, stain, varnish or leave it plain.
- You make it but we’ve sourced quality components, designed the optimal box and searched to get the right amplifier and module that run on lower voltage.
These kits are for ages 12+ but younger children will be able to make it with help from an adult.
*Not included: batteries, glue, screwdriver.